Degree Conferral

Graduation Term Petition to Graduate Deadlines** Conferral Date
Fall October 31 January 25
Spring March 31 June 25

When you complete the credits required to earn a degree it is noted on your academic record (transcript) and diploma.  In order for your degree to be conferred, you must submit a Petition to Graduate to the Office of the Registrar by the above listed dates.

What Happens When You Petition to Graduate?

  • The Office of the Registrar will notify your academic department of your intention to graduate for the term in that you submitted your petition.
  • Your academic department will inform the Office of the Registrar if you have met all departmental requirements for your degree.
  • If you have met both the university requirements and the requirements of your degree or certificate program that you applied for, your degree will be conferred on or shortly after the conferral dates listed above.
  • If you have not met either the university requirements or the requirements of your degree program, you will be notified that you did not graduate via email and telephone approximately two weeks after official grades have been submitted.  In this case, it is necessary to reactivate your Petition to Graduate in the Office of the Registrar the following term in order to be considered for conferral.
  • If you petitioned to graduate and do not meet the requirements, it will not be necessary to pay the Petition to Graduate fee again.  This fee will be applied to the following term.

**Graduate students must apply for Graduate Continuous Enrollment during the following term in order to keep their student status active.  Graduate Continuous Enrollment also applies if a student fails to submit a Petition to Graduate or misses the deadline.

When Will Your Diploma Be Ready?

Diplomas will be ready for pick-up in the Office of the Registrar at least 4 weeks after the conferral date (January 25 for fall semester, June 25 for spring semester.)

In order for the Office of the Registrar to release your diploma, it is necessary that all obligations to the university have been cleared and all borrowed material returned.

Grade or name changes will not be reflected on your official university record after degree conferral except in cases of administrative errors.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.